How to Make Your Own Mineral Make Up
Ever fancied created your own mineral make up? Well now you can, and it’s way easier than I ever expected. Zinc oxide as a base will create makeup very similar to store bought mineral makeup and adding mica powder will give skin a very natural looking glow.
Start with a base of arrowroot powder or corn starch and zinc oxide and then slowly add in cocoa powder and cinnamon powder until you get a shade close to your skin tone. You can then store in a clean, old powder container and use a brush to apply. I love adding gold mica powder to make my skin look glowing and radiant.
- 2 tablespoons zinc oxide
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon gold mica dust
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of desired natural clay powder
- up to 1 teaspoon finely ground cocoa powder
- Mix all ingredients to get desired colour and coverage.
- Colored mica powders, natural clays and cocoa powder will give color. Start slowly, testing on inner-arm as you go to find your shade.
- Store in a small glass jar with a lid.