How to Cook Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter
- 200g butter, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- sweet paprika 1 tsp
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme
- 4 x 200g good quality sirloin steaks
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- For garlic butter, melt 25g of butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, add garlic and shallots and stir occasionally until tender this should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in mustard and paprika, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate to cool.
- Beat in remaining butter, season to taste, beat in herbs and set aside.
- Brush the steaks with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Set an oven-top griddle pan over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the steaks for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or longer if you prefer them well done.
- Dollop with garlic butter and serve with a generous portion of French fries and rocket.
Use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!
garlic butter steak bitesgarlic butter steak tastyhow to cook steak with garlicpan seared steak with butterrosemary garlic butter steakruth's chris steak butter recipesteak butter marinadewhy put butter on steak